Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 – 20 minutes
This was one of my favorite desserts when I was little.
I guess you can say that it’s a traditional dessert because my mom told me that her mother, who was of course my grandmother, used to make for her when she was little.
And when I posted this photo on my Facebook, a lot of my friends remembered having this when they were little. It was nice to see such a simple dessert can invoke so many memories among my friends!
This is the easiest no-bake sweet corn pudding and you can eat it with whipped cream, ice cream or even on its own.
Here’s how you do it:
1 cup canned sweet corn
1 cup custard powder
3/4 cup sugar
3 cups water
1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
– Mix all ingredients in a deep saucepan or a pot. Give it a few good stir
– Place saucepan or pot on medium heat and with a wooden spoon, stir continuously to break up any lumps
– After about 5 – 7 minutes, the mixture should start to thicken and collect at the end of the wooden spoon
– Bring heat to the lowest and continue to stir until all liquid is gone. Mixture should turn into a really thick goo by now
– Turn off heat and stir for a few more minutes to release hot air
– Press into a mold or a serving tray. Leave to set and cool for about 1 -2 hours
– Pudding can either be eaten after it’s cooled or you can choose to refrigerate it overnight. (I love it chilled because it goes well with the whipped cream!)